US soldier in uniform walking towards a building with books under his armMany colleges and universities have veterans affairs offices to assist veterans looking to continue their education. Most schools offer information about the services they provide on their website.

Federal education assistance

If you served in active or reserve duty in the United States Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard), you may be eligible for education assistance through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Factors When Choosing a School, produced by the VA, provides information for veterans planning to use their educational benefits. A GI Bill Comparison Tool allows you to compare information about education programs and estimated benefits available at schools you are interested in attending.

Additional benefits

Other educational benefits you may be eligible to receive include:

For more information about federal and state financial aid programs visit:


Contact the school you are interested in attending or the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for additional assistance.